Micronano System Workshop 2018, 13-15 May 2018
Welcome to 12th Micronano System Workshop (MSW), now first time organized at Aalto University!
Micronano System workshop gathers the Nordic research community in MEMS, nanotechnology, microfluidics and biomicrosystems. Two days of presentations, 30+ talks, a poster session and a panel discussion with six experienced high-tech company executives.
Poster abstracts are still welcome to submit: deadline Thursday 26th April.
- David Horsley, UC Davis: Piezoelectric ultrasonic consumer MEMS
- Frieder Mugele, Twente: EWOD for lab-chip, optofluidics and heat transfer
- Peter Ertl, TU Wien: Sensor-integrated microfluidic devices for cell culture
- Niels Bent Larsen, DTU: 3D printing soft microfluidics for mini-organs
- Anna Herland, KTH: Emulating human organ function in coupled microfluidic devices
- Helder Santos, University of Helsinki: Fabrication of multifunctional nano-particles by microfluidics for drug delivery and biomedical applications
- Maria Tenje, Uppsala University: Acoustophoresis to droplet microfluidics for particle manipulation
- Mervi Paulasto-Kröckel, Aalto University: MEMS reliability
- Joachim Oberhammer, KTH: THz MEMS: micromachining enabling new applications at millimeter and submillimeter-wave frequencies
- Peter Enoksson, Chalmers: Supercapacitors: Energy storage for wireless and less wired sensors combined with energy harvesting
- Kari Ullakko, Lappeenranta Univ. of Technology: Magnetic microactuators
- Pekka Pursula, VTT: Millimeter wave integration concepts based on micromachining
Start-up company panel discussion, chaired by Thorbjörn Ebefors
- Tikitin (FI): MEMS timing devices, Aarne Oja, CEO
- Chirp (USA): Ultrasonic position sensors, David Horsley, CTO
- BioNavis (FI): Multiparametric SPR instruments, Johana Kuncova-Kallio, CEO
- Quanturi (FI): Wireless monitoring for the farming industry, Nadine Pesonen CEO
- Gasera (FI): Photoacoustic gas sensing, Ismo Kauppinen, CEO
Prof. Sami Franssila from Aalto CHEM is the chair of the event and Prof. Robin Ras from Aalto SCI is a co-chair. More information and link to the registration for the event can be found from https://msw2018.aalto.fi/.